Last Updated: October 30, 2023
This Policy is split into sections. For your convenience, links to each of those sections follows:
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
- INTERNATIONAL USERS
- PERSONALIZED CONTENT, ADVERSTISING, AND YOUR CHOICES
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- SECURITY AND RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
- MAILTO: INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
- CONTACTING US ABOUT THIS POLICY
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information in multiple ways, including when you provide information directly to us, from our ticketing and event partners, from our use of automated technologies, and other sources.
A. Information You Provide Directly to Us
When you interact with us, such as when you inquire about an event or participate in a sweepstakes, you may provide us information directly, including:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, phone number, fax number, company name, and physical address.
- Correspondence between you and us and records of such correspondence, such as the contents of emails you send us, support inquiries, or other feedback you provide directly to us.
- Information you provide in event reviews and surveys.
- Marketing preferences, such as records of your requests to opt out of marketing communications.
B. formation We Collect from our Partners
We partner with ticketing platforms, venues, and event sponsors to promote events. When you purchase tickets for an event we promote or someone transfers a ticket to you, we receive information from those partners, including:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, physical address, and phone number;
- Event information, such as the name of the event and its date, time and location;
- Purchase information, such as the number of tickets purchased and price of the ticket.
C. Information Collected Through Automated Technologies
(i) Device/Usage Information and Transactional Data
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services, such as (a) IP addresses, unique device identifiers and other information about your computer or mobile phone or other mobile device(s), browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services; and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Services, such as: referring and exit pages and URLs, ads or social media posts that you interact with, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services, the frequency of your use of the Services, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
(ii) Location Information
We may automatically collect location information, including general location information (e.g., city, state and zip code) derived from your IP address or other information associated with your device.
(iii) Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari). Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
D. Information Collected from Other Sources
F. Aggregate and De-Identified Information
We may also receive aggregate or de-identified information from our third-party partners, such as statistics regarding the number of individuals who have clicked on our advertisements or aggregate demographic statistics of ticket purchasers. Such information cannot reasonably identify any individual. We may also aggregate or de-identify any of the information described above such that the information no longer reasonably identifies you, and may use such information for any purpose.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide, operate, administer, and troubleshoot the Services;
- To promote events on behalf of ourselves and our partners, including through email, online advertisements, social media posts, and other online and offline means of communication;
- To send you informational communications about events you have registered for;
- To establish business relationships and communicate with our business contacts;
- To respond to your inquiries and provide customer service;
- To promote and administer surveys, sweepstakes, special promotions and contests;
- For internal research, reporting and data analytics;
- To improve the Services and/or develop new Services;
- To allow us and our advertising partners to personalize the content and advertising that you see on the Services and on third-party platforms;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- For internal auditing and recordkeeping purposes;
- To protect the safety of ourselves, attendees of our events, and the public; and
- To enforce the legal or contractual terms that govern your use of the Services or defend our legal rights.
We may also combine information that we collect with information we obtain about you from third parties. We may aggregate and/or de-identify any information collected through the Services, as further described in Section 2.D. above.
3. WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your information to parties outside of CMN under the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We may provide access to your information to vendors and others who perform services on our behalf. These parties provide a variety of services to us, including, without limitation, sales, marketing, advertising, market research, data storage, analysis and processing, and legal services.
- Event Partners. We may provide access to your information to artists, venues, and other event partners as part of the Services we provide to such partners.
- Consent. If you consent, we may disclose your information publicly or to third parties, such as if you agree to provide a review of one of our events and have that content attributed to you.
- Protection of CMN and Others. We may access, preserve and disclose your information if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with applicable laws and regulations or legal process; (b) enforce our Terms & Conditions, this Policy, or other contracts with you; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; and/or (d) protect the rights, property or personal safety of CMN, its agents and affiliates, its users and/or the public. We may also disclose information to law enforcement agencies in emergency circumstances where the disclosure of such information is consistent with the types of emergency disclosures permitted or required by law.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose and/or transfer your information, including your contact information, in connection with a proposed or actual merger, acquisition, transfer of control, distribution or sale of all, or components, of our business.
4. INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Services are operated in the United States and are governed by United States law. If you are a resident of the European Union or other location outside the United States, please be advised that any information you provide through the Services will be collected by CMN in the United States or other designated locations outside of the United States. By visiting the Site or interacting with our Services, you acknowledge and agree to such collection and processing outside of your jurisdiction of residence.
5. PERSONALIZED CONTENT, ADVERTISING, AND YOUR CHOICES
A. Online Analytics
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology previously described in the “Information We Collect” section to help us analyze how users use the Services including by noting the third-party website, email, or app from which you arrive. The information (including your IP address) collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics for certain purposes related to advertising, as described in the following section. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
B. Tailored Advertising
We may personalize the content and advertising you see as part of our Services by using third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on our Services and others. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, information you provide such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, and other information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and may be tailored to your interests.
Please note that you may still receive advertisements even if you opt out of tailored advertising. In that case, the ads will just not be tailored. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links and are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
6. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- Inform you about the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we disclose personal information.
- Provide you access to and/or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you.
- Correct or update personal information we hold about you.
- Delete certain personal information we have about you.
- Provide you with information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any.
- Restrict or object to certain uses of your information.
- Opt you out of the processing of your personal information for purposes of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects, if applicable.
7. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding how we collect, use, and disclose your “personal information” as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
A. Categories of Personal Information We Collect
Throughout this Policy, we discuss in detail the types of Information we collect from and about users and discuss how we use and disclose such information. The following are the “categories” of personal information under the CCPA that we collect from California consumers and that we may, as discussed throughout this Policy, collect:
Identifiers (such as name, address, email address); commercial information (such as what events you purchased tickets to); device identifiers (such as IP address and unique device identifiers); internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history); general geolocation data derived from IP addresses; any user-generated content or feedback that you provide; and professional or employment related data (for our business contacts).
B. How We Use These Categories of Personal Information
We and our service providers may use the categories of personal information we collect from and about you for the following business and commercial purposes (as those terms are defined in applicable law).
- Our or our service providers’ operational purposes;
- Auditing consumer interactions on our site (e.g., measuring ad impressions);
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Bug detection and error reporting;
- Customizing content that we or our service providers display on the Services (e.g., contextual ads);
- Providing the Services (e.g., promoting events, customer service, advertising and marketing, analytics, and communication about the Services);
- Improving our existing Services and developing new services (e.g., by conducting analytics and adjusting our efforts to better promote our events to interested audiences);
- Other uses that advance our commercial or economic interests, such as third-party advertising and communicating with you about relevant offers from third party partners;
- Other uses about which we notify you.
C. Sale/Sharing of Personal Information
The CCPA sets forth certain obligations for businesses that “sell” personal information or “share” personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes. Under the CCPA, “sale” and “sharing” are defined such that they may include allowing third parties to receive certain information for advertising purposes. We “sell” or “share” the following categories of information to third-party advertising partners and vendors that support our advertising efforts (such as advertising analytics services):
Identifiers (such as name, address, email address); commercial information (such as what events you purchased tickets to); internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history and usage information).
If you would like to opt out of our use of your information for such purposes that are considered a “sale” or “sharing” for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes under California law, please visit the “Your Privacy Choices” link in the footer of our Site. Alternatively, if you have a legally-recognized browser-based opt out preference signal turned on via your device browser, we recognize such preference in accordance with applicable law. Please note that we do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Please note that we do not generally collect sensitive data and do not process sensitive data for purposes for which there is a right to limit use of such data under the CCPA.
D. Additional Privacy Rights
California residents may make certain requests about their personal information under the CCPA as set forth in Section 6(B) (Your Rights and Choices) above.
E. Shine the Light
California Law permits customers who are California residents to request certain information once per year regarding our disclosure of “personal information” (as that term is defined under applicable California law) to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To exercise this right, please contact us at the email address provided in the “Contact Us” section below with the subject line “Shine the Light” request.
F. Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Except as otherwise described herein with respect to legally required browser based opt outs, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as there is no industry-wide framework for DNT signals. To learn more about Do Not Track, you can do so here.
8. SECURITY AND RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of your information. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store. However, we cannot and do not guarantee that these measures will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose your information since despite our efforts, no Internet and/or other electronic transmissions can be completely secure.
We generally retain personal data for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes above. In determining how long to retain information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the information, the purposes for which we process the information, applicable legal requirements, and our legitimate interests. The purposes for which we process information (as well as the other factors listed above) may dictate different retention periods for the same types of information. If you opt out of email marketing, we maintain your email on our suppression list for an extended time to comply with your request. To dispose of your information, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
9. INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 16. If we discover we have received any “personal information” (as defined under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from a child under the age of 13 in violation of this Policy, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we have any information from or about anyone under the age of 16, please contact us at the address listed below.
10. CONTACTING US ABOUT THIS POLICY
11.CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time to reflect changes in the law, our information collection, use and disclosure practices, our Services, or advances in technology. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes to this Policy will be deemed to mean you understand the applicability of those changes.